Saturday, February 18, 2017

Into the mountains - AuPair Italy and Switzerland

Huh, finally, it was not easy but I reached the present tense with this blog J
So after my Portugal experience my future didn’t want to be planed by me again and my big trip to Brazil was canceled, for good or for bad I will never know. I started to panic in Serbia without job, money and any plan B, but at the end everything went well.
Since my budget was really low and I had to start having some income I needed something fast and close, and I found it. Yes I had idea to find a job in Serbia and stay there some time, prepare for some long project but then I realize that won’t make me happy and I have to continue moving. And in few weeks I was on 16 hours bus ride to Italy.
So I started applying on many web sites and soon I found the Au Pair with a couple of traveling musicians and a kid. First we were in very north of Italy and now in Switzerland. Au Pair is web site where you can find families that need help with their kids, like babysitting, some are single parents, sometimes is one kid and sometimes more, and they will provide you with food, accommodation and pocket money (that will be enough to travel a bit). The family I’m staying with is really nice, they take good care of me and the kid is easy going, also I have plenty time for myself. I even finally started to write this blog J I did met some people that were not so happy with their host families, so take good care where you are going, you will spend a lot of time with this people and only way to know more about them is to ask, so have a long Skype call and make sure you are similar in some ways so you will have topics to talk about. Even my stay with this family will be short (2 months) I can say it’s new and nice experience.


My struggle here is that I’m now in small and very tourist village in mountains of Switzerland. Yes, the view is beautiful but there is not much things I can do on low budget, and also it’s really hard to meet someone since there is no locals. Advice : don’t go to Switzerland on low budget, one hour train ride (go and back) is 54 Euros, and ski pas and equipment for one day is around 100 Euros, so save the destination for the time when you will have some savings. But even this is good because I have time to work on things that I usually don’t, look for my next project, watch my favorite movies 12th time and read all my books that I have with me. And at least take a long walks in beautiful Swiss mountains…

“because he had no place he could stay in without getting tired of it and because there was nowhere to go but everywhere, keep rolling under the stars...” Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Don’t give up on what you want to do if some things don’t go by plan, but change the plans, there is no situation that you can’t turn it in a good one. There is so much possibilities in this world with technology and internet and we are lucky to live in this time when we can have freedom. Ok not 100% but 100 years ago people couldn’t live a life like me. Let’s just hope we will not destroy this beautiful planet but continue to explore it J

No comments:

Post a Comment